Thursday, February 7, 2008

Some help from God

Well, this has been a rough week for Shayne at school. Monday through Wednesday he's had to stay after for not reaching his goal of doing 70% of his work. Last night we talked about praying to God and asking for his help. When he got out of his shower he said that he'd been praying to God asking Him for 3 things and one of those was to help him at school Thursday. He said it was a combo prayer and that God liked those kind. Then at bedtime we both prayed together, silently for God to help him and then when I dropped him off today I could tell he was praying while we were pulling up to school. All day I prayed to God asking him to please show my son that he is there to answer his prayers. So at 3:35 the normal time that Shayne calls with the bad news, the phone rings and it's him and he sounds all sad and tells me that he has detention. But after he said that I could hear him making a strange noise and asked him if he was laughing or crying. He started laughing and said that today he did 93% and he's been wanting to call me and trick me for awhile. I have to say that I really enjoyed that phone call. When I went to pick him up I thanked God for helping out today and teaching Shayne that He is there watching over him. Hopefully he'll never forget that lesson.

No comments: