Monday, June 16, 2008

Lake of the Ozarks

Shayne's 1st catfish. We fished in the pond right behind our camper.
Here's me using my fishing pole I got for Mother's Day
Here's me with the catfish I caught. Poor Jeff, he only caught one little catfish and didn't want his picture taken.
Shayne swam at the campground pool almost every night. Had the pool to himself.
Shayne enjoying a sip on lemonade on the patio at Osage National. Jeff's buddy Chris is a chef there and he treated us to lunch. Good food...beautiful golf course and resort.
We had a really fun time. It rained Friday but that didn't damper our day. We played skee ball and fished and by evening it was gone and Shayne was swimming again. We took a hike Saturday at the state park there and came back covered in ticks. Star is at the groomer getting a bath and hopefully rid of her ticks. She had a lot. She hates for us to take them off. I'm sure she'll be real pretty when she gets back. She tried to fight them when they took her from me but she relented and went willingly. Now we're home recovering and doing tons of laundry. But it was all worth it!!

No comments: