Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bittersweet


My baby finished 7th grade today. It's so hard to believe that he is that old. 13 now. His voice is changing, he's a tad bit taller than me now and creeping up on his Dad. It seems like we were just praying for God to send us a bundle of joy and now he's so big I can't even hold him. The sweet part about him is that he still "wants" his Momma. He'll still hug me, let me tuck him in at night and tell me that he loves me. Now my prayers are for him to grow up to be a mighty man of God. I pray that we are giving him a strong foundation and a faith that will carry him through as an adult. He amazes me so often. Things that he'll say that just sound so grown up or just "wow" me. He sees things differently than I do but I love to see how he sees. He really makes me think a lot.

So, now we will enjoy the summer. He says he's not an 8th grader til next school year starts. I love you Shayne and am very proud of you!!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

One of the most powerful prayers us moms can pray. Make my son a mighty man of God. So be it!!! :)