Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Can't believe 2008 is here already. Shayne is half way done with 5th grade. WOW!! He actually goes back to school in the morning, which he is NOT happy about.

We had a great christmas. It seemed busy but relaxed and not stressful. We went to a lot of places but we didn't have to rush at each place. Christmas Eve was with Jeff's parents and his siblings. Shayne got new legos which he put together almost immediately. Christmas morning we had brunch with my family and then that evening headed to Granite City to spend it with Jeff's grandmother and the huge Horton Clan. Lots of people in Grandma's small house. But it's always fun to see everyone.

Shayne got a pellet gun from Santa which I shot with my eye too close to the scope and now have a bruised eyelid. Maybe I'll let Jeff take my picture and put it on here. My sister thinks I need to do a scrapbook page about it. I was just showing him how he didn't have to be nervous b/c Jeff said the gun had "absolutely no kick". Well, it did and I have proof. It actually cut my eyebrow and I bled some and now I'm bruised. Shayne did eventually shoot the gun. I felt like I'd been in a scene from Christmas Story and Shot my eye out!! I can laugh now but I was mad when it happened.

Happy 2008 to everyone. God blessings for a healthy and wonderful year!!

No comments: